Sunday, February 4, 2018

A Passage to India

Today was a travel day. We bid farewell to our Sri Lanka tour leader, Sumedah at the airport. After a short flight we relocated to Chennai (known in colonial times as Madras), India, and met our new India tour leader Suresh (shure-EEsh. Suresh took us by bus to the hotel where we will eventually meet the rest of the travelers for this excursion — the seven of us who did the Sri Lanka pre-trip will be joined by eight more.

Highway sign on the way to the airport in Sri Lanka
We walked a couple blocks around the hotel neighborhood, even though it was after dark. There were lots of people on the streets, including whole families out for Sunday dinner (most Indians don’t eat their evening meal until 8 or 9 p.m.), but not a lot in the immediate area for us to see at this time of night.

On return, I had a near panic attack, thinking that my iPad had been stolen, only to have Mary remind me that I had already locked it in the hotel room safe. I haven’t been that stupid since the last time I couldn’t find my glasses anywhere, because I was wearing them

No comments: